symptoms & causes of cavities and tooth decay
We are the most modern, high-tech, artistic, ethical dental facility in Lahore.
Tooth decay is the softening of your tooth enamel and refers to the damage of the structure of the tooth caused by acids that are created when plaque bacteria break down sugar in your mouth. Whereas, a cavity, also called tooth decay, is a hole that forms in your tooth. Cavities start small and gradually become bigger when they’re left untreated.
Symptoms of tooth cavities
The symptoms of a cavity depend on the severity of the decay. They include:
- Tooth pain
- Visible hole in your teeth
- Tooth sensitivity
- Staining on your teeth
Causes of tooth cavities
Major causes of tooth decay are sugary, sticky foods and beverages. The more sugar consumed, the more acid, which gets produced leading to decay. Cavity and tooth decay factors to watch out for:
- Not brushing your teeth regularly
- Plaque is caused when bacteria, acid, food particles, and saliva all combine in your mouth.
- If you have a dry mouth with very little saliva, plaque may build up more quickly.
- Be sure to brush your teeth regularly, especially after drinking milk or soda, or after eating dried fruit, dry cereal, sugary cereals, cookies and breath mints.
- Bacteria and Acid
- Food particles
Our aim is to provide you with the highest standard of general and specialist dental care, based on sound evidence based practice. Our unrivalled dentists at Dental Professionals, have practiced their expertise in USA/UK according to international standards. Our facility provides the most modern diagnostic tools i.e. Digital dental imaging, Orthopentomogram, cephlogram, intra-oral camera system and Lasers.
For more details, please contact us